Once I was somewhat woman, I at all times needed a doll that was completely distinctive and my very own. This cute little plastic bottle doll is the best child’s craft idea! Utilizing empty soda bottles, paint, and yarn, you possibly can create a cute little doll for playtime. Your kiddos will love giving their new pal a persona of all their very own.
Plastic Bottle Doll
Turning trash into treasure is my primary pastime, and making a doll out of trash? That simply sounds superb. I turned a couple of previous empty bottles, some paint, and a little bit of yarn into a novel little doll idea that’s good for fake play. Whereas that is simply the top and higher physique, it may be changed into a full doll with a bit of labor.
This can be a nice wet day exercise or a enjoyable weekend challenge for the youngsters. You probably have already got all the things wanted readily available, and they’re going to love getting an opportunity to customise their very own little toy. In case your children like making their very own toys, then they are going to love discovering one thing new on this listing of DIY stuffed animal ideas. Or, you will get them began on certainly one of these sensory video games for youths that may hold them busy and construct expertise on the similar time!
Related Challenge: Enjoyable Halloween Lanterns from Upcycled Plastic Cups
What Can I Use To Make My Doll Face?
The most effective factor about this plastic bottle doll is that you should use no matter you have got readily available for the face. I used the bottle lids off the gentle drink bottles I used for the bottom as a begin to my doll eyes. Simply paint them a stable black, then add the white accents so they appear extra practical.
You’ll be able to, in fact, use googly eyes for a quick and straightforward choice if in case you have some readily available already. Different ideas embody utilizing foam paper, felt, or simply craft paper. And in case you are exceptionally good at portray or drawing, you possibly can attempt your hand at freehand including the eyes on with a marker or craft paint.
What Can I Use For Doll Hair?
I’m utilizing two shades of yarn that I’ve leftover from one other challenge. You should utilize a number of shades of yarn to present the hair dimension or you should use one shade if that’s all you have got. In case you would not have yarn readily available for making your plastic bottle doll, you can too use ribbon or different varieties of string, twine, and even raffia.
Ragdolls have been a preferred choice in previous centuries, and you should use an analogous technique to chop strips of previous material into “strands” of hair to exchange the yarn. In fact, in case you are fortunate sufficient to have some Halloween wigs or costumes readily available, you would possibly keep on with a easy glued-on wig as an alternative! Simply have enjoyable and make the doll distinctive with the coiffure you favor.
Related Challenge: 25 Resourceful Methods to Repurpose Frames – Toss the Footage and Assume Exterior the Field
What Form of Paint Ought to I Use
I’m utilizing primary craft paint I already had readily available. It’s also possible to use spray paint if you wish to cowl the world quicker. Spray paint is nice if you end up making a number of these on the similar time, or when you simply need fast protection and don’t want fantastic particulars added.
Crafting paint is a bit thicker and can give higher protection when finished by hand, however could also be pricier relying upon the dimensions of the bottle. In case you are including particulars, and should be exact, I like to recommend utilizing acrylic paint and a paintbrush.
TIP: If the paint isn’t sticking to the bottle nicely, rub the plastic will sandpaper flippantly. This may create texture on the bottles and that offers the paint one thing to stay to.
How Can I Customise My Plastic Bottle Doll?
In relation to customizing this little doll, the sky’s the restrict. Have enjoyable with it. Get inventive with all the things from the clothes to the eyes and hair. Beneath are some ideas to think about when crafting your individual doll.
- Use totally different colours of yarn or different choices to create texture or uniqueness on the hair.
- Add a bow or ribbon to the hair if desired.
- Paint on pink cheeks, crimson lips, or perhaps a bit of colourful eyeshadow as make-up to make the face pop.
- Add earrings to the perimeters of the top and a necklace on the base as jewellery equipment.
- Paint stripes or polka dots onto the bottom piece for the shirt. You’ll be able to even add a trim of ribbon or lace across the “neck”.
- Use totally different colours for the eyes.
- Strive totally different flesh tones to create a doll that matches your individual pores and skin tone. The sunshine colour isn’t a should in any respect!
Related Challenge: Spooky Halloween Characters from Bathroom Paper Rolls
The best way to Make a Plastic Bottle Doll
Clear out the plastic bottles, take away labels, and set them apart to dry. As soon as dry, begin by slicing off the underside 1/4 of the gallon-sized bottle and setting it to the aspect.
Now, start portray the highest half of the bottle that you simply saved, a flesh tone. I used a cream colour, however you possibly can select what matches you greatest.
Set this apart to dry fully.
As soon as that’s dry, place the underside piece you narrow off over the open fringe of this piece and push all the way down to seal the highest. The lid might be dealing with downward.
Now, lower the lid and neck off of a second gallon-sized bottle. Discard the lid and neck.
Then, lower off the bottom of this bottle, so you have got simply the highest 1/4 of the bottle remaining with the open neck you narrow.
Now, paint this piece blue, then set it apart to dry.
As soon as the sunshine cream piece has dried, you’ll start utilizing the soldering iron to make rows of holes for pushing yarn by means of to create hair.
Related Challenge: Cute DIY Flower Pot Hen Craft With Video
Add 20 to 25 holes on one aspect of this bottle, in rows.
Then, begin twisting collectively the 2 colours of yarn you selected, and push them by means of the holes.
Do that one gap at a time, pushing by means of, tying on the within, then slicing at various lengths to create “hair” that’s round 6″ lengthy on the bottom. proceed this till the holes all have yarn hair.
Utilizing one of many bases of the bottles you didn’t paint, you’ll create the highest of the doll head. On three sides of the bottom, lower a slit that’s 2″ to three″ huge.
Now, bundle yarn collectively into two bundles 8″ in size, one 12″ in size, and one round 3″ in size. every bundle may have round 50 items of yarn.
Tuck the 2 8″ bundles into the slides on the perimeters, one on all sides.
Then, tuck the shortest bundle of hair into the remaining slit.
Lastly, tuck the longest bundle of yarn hair behind the smallest in that very same slit, however pull it again over to cowl the highest and grasp over the again of the top.
Organize the yarn hair, then place it on high of the cream base with yarn on the again so the hair is on the perimeters and again, and the shorter bundle on the entrance resembles bangs.
Related Challenge: Cute Easter Egg Hen Craft (With Video)
As soon as the hair is in place, set this apart and paint the bottle caps/lids black and allow them to dry.
Hint and lower out a small circle nostril, and a small smile/mouth form on crimson paper.
When the lids have dried, use a white paint pen to create a half-moon form on on fringe of each.
Then, make somewhat bow with ribbon and glue it along with ribbon across the middle.
Now, it’s time to assemble the face in your doll. Glue the lids as eyes, the crimson circle nostril, and the crimson foam mouth to the entrance of the bottle head.
When that is all to your satisfaction, glue this on high of the blue-painted base so the lid finish of the top slides down into that open neck of the blue base.
The final contact is to attach the bow on the neck of the bottom as somewhat addition to the “shirt” of the doll.
Extra Straightforward Craft Concepts
If you wish to flip these empty bottles into one thing enjoyable and new, don’t look any additional! We have now tons of nice ideas about utilizing empty plastic bottles as a base. Flip trash into treasure and add one or all of those to your crafting listing quickly. Just remember to bookmark these ideas, print out the tutorials, or pin them to a craft board on Pinterest to make quickly.
Related Challenge: Cute Elephant Backyard Planters Utilizing Upcycled Bottles
- Reduce the underside 1/4 of a gallon-sized bottle off and set it apart.
- Now, paint the within of the highest half of this bottle with cream or skin-colored paint. Set this apart to dry.
- As soon as this dries, put the underside piece you narrow off, over the lower finish of the painted bottle.
- Now, lower the lid off of a second gallon-sized water bottle. Discard the lid and the neck.
- Then, lower about 1/4 down from the highest of that very same bottle. Set the underside of this bottle apart.
- Paint this 1/4 piece that’s open on each ends, with blue paint on the within then set it apart to dry.
- Use a soldering iron to make rows of holes on the higher lower finish of the cream bottle. Add 20 to 25 holes on one aspect.
- Now, twist collectively the 2 colours of yarn, and push by means of the holes.
- Tie a knot on the within after which lower the yarn that’s now dangling on the surface of the bottle at 4″-6″ in size.
- Repeat this course of till the holes all have the yarn “hair”.
- Utilizing the bottom of one of many bottles that weren’t painted. Reduce this to simply about 1 1/2″ to 2″ up from the bottom.
- Now, use a craft knife to chop a 3″ slice on all 3 sides on the middle of this base.
- Reduce and twist collectively extra yarn round 8″ in size. You may need 2 bundles of this size. Then a further bundle round 8″ in size. And the final bundle is simply 2″-3″ in size.
- Tuck the 2 8″ bundles into the 2 sides of the bottom you simply made by means of these slits.
- Then, tuck the shortest bundle by means of the entrance of that base within the remaining slit.
- Lastly, tuck the longest bundle into the identical slit because the brief bundle, and pull over to cowl the again.
- Pull the yarn over the perimeters and prepare, and place this on high of the cream-colored bottle that has yarn hair on the bottom.
- Unfold the yarn out to create hair on 3 sides to create a head with hair.
- Now, paint two bottle caps/lids with black paint and set them apart to dry.
- Hint and lower out a small 1″ circle from crimson foam paper.
- Then lower a half-moon form for a mouth.
- Use a white paint pen to attract a half-moon form on one fringe of the 2 painted black lids.
- Make a small bow out of pink and white ribbon utilizing the ribbon itself to wrap across the center of the bow and glue it collectively.
- Now, add the black lid eyes, crimson circle nostril, and crimson foam mouth to the entrance of the cream bottle head.
- Glue the top onto the blue-painted base, so the lid finish of the top matches into the neck finish that’s open on the blue base.
- Lastly, glue the bow on the base of the top on the neck of the doll.
Use any colour of paint for the pores and skin tone, shirt, and even hair to your doll to make them distinctive.
As an Amazon Affiliate and member of different affiliate applications, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Completed Challenge Gallery
Use any colour yarn to make the hair in your doll for it to look distinctive!