Even birds deserve somewhat little bit of luxurious, and what might be extra luxurious than a plastic bottle chicken nest? This distinctive product is ideal for many who like to craft and in addition love to assist out our feathered associates. The chicken nest is made out of a plastic bottle, and it’s crafted in such a method that it seems to be identical to a birdhouse with an actual chicken’s nest. It’s even full with a gap within the aspect for the birds to enter and exit. That is certain to carry a smile to your face each time you see the birds utilizing it.
Plastic Bottle Fowl Nest
By crafting a chicken’s nest in a plastic bottle, you may give the birds a home and create a stunning nesting area. Not solely is that this enjoyable and simple to do, however it’s additionally an effective way to assist out our feathered associates. I really like the idea of utilizing this as a challenge to make with child’s on a faculty break, or simply to get them excited about seeing the birds which can be round your space.
The perfect half is that you should utilize recycled supplies to make your chicken nest. All you want is a couple of plastic bottles, twine, paint, and some different supplies. When you suppose you wish to make one thing a bit extra conventional, you would possibly wish to try our lists of DIY chicken feeders and our checklist of DIY birdbaths. These each have tons of ideas to get you began on offering in your personal chicken.
What Ought to I Hold This on a Tree With?
I’m utilizing twine to wrap across the cap and for the hanging loop. You may wrap or tie it across the neck of the bottle and hold like that, however I favor making a gap within the lid and stringing the twine by it so it has a bit extra steady straight look.
You should utilize a fishing line, ribbon, twine, rope, and even yarn to hold your chicken nest. I do advocate utilizing objects that may maintain as much as the load of a small chicken, ought to your flying associates determine to utilize the nest in your yard.
What Can I Put Inside a Birds Nest?
To make the chicken nest you should utilize no matter you will have available. For this nest, I crammed the bottom with some plain raffia I had available. If utilizing raffia, be certain it’s the pure kind and never died in numerous colours. Beneath are another choices you should utilize to securely fill the chicken’s nest.
- Lower up strips of newspaper or scrap craft paper.
- Leaves, moss, and twigs out of your garden and yard close to the place it is going to hold.
- Extra uncommon however good objects embody including dryer lint or hair clippings.
- Previous strips of material or cotton balls are additionally fashionable in chicken nests.
No matter you select to place contained in the nest, if positioned exterior, ensure that the fabric is protected for birds. Keep away from dyed objects or something that would injure the birds. You can even fill the bottom with only a little bit of birdseed and even water so it turns into extra of a chicken feeder.
Can This Be Used as a Fowl Feeder?
Utilizing this bottle chicken nest as a chicken feeder is a enjoyable idea. The birds will adore it. You would possibly wish to add a stick or dowel rod popping out proper below the outlet to present the birds a spot to perch that’s simpler for some birds than touchdown on the sting. With the rod already by the center, it ought to give them ample area to perch and benefit from the seeds you place out for them.
How Do I Preserve the Birds Secure?
You wish to just remember to put the chicken’s nest excessive sufficient that predators can’t attain it and in addition in order that it’s out of the way in which of any foot visitors. It’s additionally good to ensure that the outlet is giant sufficient for the chicken to get inside, however not so giant for predator birds and even squirrels to get into. In fact, ensure you keep the chicken’s nest by cleansing it out and placing recent objects inside every now and then.
Make a Plastic Bottle Fowl Perch
Clear out your plastic bottles and ensure they’re dry. I additionally be certain to take away any labels and/or glue from the surface earlier than portray. As soon as clear, minimize the highest 1/3 of the bottle off on the lid finish. This often lands on the base of the highest the place it begins to curve upward to the neck.
Subsequent, you’ll be able to add somewhat little bit of a novel look by slicing across the base of this piece to create a scalloped edge.
Now, minimize off the center of the bottle, leaving simply the bottom and about 3″ in top.
Subsequent, you’ll minimize a “door” or opening on the aspect of the bottom of the bottle. I used an approximate measurement that may range relying upon the scale of your bottle. Lower round 2″ from the underside and a couple of″ large. This offers a gap for the chicken to climb by.
Spray paint the underside white and the highest portion purple and set them apart to dry.
Now, minimize a gap n the highest of the lid with a soldering iron or knife.
Lower and tie an extended piece of twine right into a loop, and slide by the outlet within the lid, so the knot is on the within of the bottle.
As soon as the paint is dry, add some little white and yellow flowers onto the purple prime half at random intervals. Then set this apart to dry.
Now, it’s time to assemble. Fill the underside of the chicken’s nest (white) with some raffia or hay.
Use a gap punch to create a gap on every backside fringe of each the highest and backside items. Lower these in order that they line up.
Now, wrap the bottom of the neck of the bottle and lid with twine and glue into place.
Then, place the purple prime over the white backside, lining up the holes you already made. Slide the dowel by the holes so they’re related. This offers your chicken a perch inside but in addition area on both aspect to perch.
Add a pretend chicken to the highest with glue.
Lower the rope to go across the base of the opening to the chicken’s nest and glue it into place.
Then add different gildings across the backside half if desired. I used somewhat ladybug decal on mine.
Extra Straightforward Craft Concepts
For extra enjoyable craft ideas so as to add to your backyard or out of doors areas, try my checklist beneath. These are a few of my favorites and are good so that you can bookmark, print out tutorials for, or simply pin to a craft board on Pinterest.
- Lower the highest 1/3 of a bottle off on the lid finish. Lower spherical the highest of the flat space within the center, simply earlier than it curves as much as the neck of the bottle.
- Now, minimize across the minimize edge making scallop edges for further fashion.
- Then, minimize off the underside of a bottle, slightly below the center part.
- Lower a rounded “door” or opening on the aspect of the underside piece from the highest right down to round 2″ from the underside and round 3″ large.
- Spray paint the underside portion white then put aside to dry.
- Now, spray the highest portion purple, and set it apart to dry.
- Use a knife or soldering iron to pierce a gap within the lid.
- Create a loop of twine for hanging, and pull it by this gap with a knot on the within of the lid. Add glue to safe if desired.
- Subsequent, add yellow dots randomly on the purple portion to create the middle of flowers everywhere in the prime.
- Go round every of those dots and add 4 to five white dots to create the flower. Then set this apart to dry.
- Whereas the highest dries, fill the white backside with raffia, hay, or comparable materials.
- Use a gap punch to punch 2 holes, one on either side, of the white backside portion.
- Then maintain the purple prime over this and punch holes in the identical locations on it.
- Now, begin on the base of the neck and wrap twine round as much as the highest of the lid, to cowl the neck and lid and glue it in place.
- Place the highest over the underside, lining up the holes not too long ago punched.
- Push the dowel or skewer by the holes to attach the highest and backside leaving the stick in the course of the “home” with a bit poking out on either side.
- Now, if desired, glue a pretend chicken or comparable merchandise onto the highest of the bottle.
- Then glue a little bit of rope across the backside opening of the home.
- Lastly, add another gildings just like the little ladybug, to the bottom of the home and hold them within the backyard.
This can be used to carry birdseed or water for the neighborhood birds.
Really useful Merchandise
As an Amazon Affiliate and member of different affiliate applications, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Completed Venture Gallery
Add any further gildings you wish to give your nest persona.
This can be used as a chicken feeder by simply including seed within the base as a substitute of hay or raffia.