I wish to take my stitching initiatives with me round the home from room to room. Lately, I noticed an idea for a pincushion jar which bought me excited, as a result of that could be a excellent strategy to carry your provides round and maintain every little thing neat and in a single place while you’re working.
It was additionally a chance for a DIY undertaking! So I made a decision to make my very own pincushion jar and share a video tutorial with you to be able to make one as nicely.
Easy methods to Make a Pincushion With a Small Jar
Delightfully (and considerably satirically), that is truly a no-sew undertaking. This makes it quick and simple to finish.
Easy methods to Make a Pincushion from a Mason Jar or Any Different Sort of Jar
Let’s go over the supplies and instruments that you’ll want to create a pincushion jar. The one instruments you’ll require are a pair of scissors, a pen or pencil, and a glue gun.
For the supplies, you’ll, in fact, want a jar. I used a small jar for this undertaking, however you would use a bigger one relying on what number of stitching provides and what kinds of stitching provides you wish to maintain inside. I’ve observed that Mason jars are a well-liked selection for this undertaking.
Alongside together with your jar, additionally, you will want a bit of cardboard, some cloth in any coloration or sample you select, a ribbon which enhances your cloth, and a few cotton or cotton balls.
What to Do With a Pincushion Jar As soon as You’ve Accomplished It
In the event you get pleasure from stitching, clearly, it is a nice undertaking to do for your self. If you don’t sew, once more, you possibly can nonetheless full this undertaking because it doesn’t entail any stitching itself. Upon getting accomplished your pincushion jar, you may give it a present to anyone who does get pleasure from stitching initiatives.
Easy methods to Make a Pincushion Jar Step-by-Step Photograph and Video Directions
We are actually prepared to start with our video tutorial for making a DIY pincushion jar. You could find a fast reference checklist of supplies and instruments required beneath together with written directions to go together with the video.
- Scorching glue and glue gun
- Pen or pencil
- To get began on this undertaking, take the lid off of your jar and set it down on prime of the piece of cardboard. Utilizing a pen or pencil, hint across the perimeter of the lid.
- Use a pair of scissors or a precision reducing instrument to chop out the circle of cardboard. As soon as you have carried out this, it is best to have a bit of cardboard which completely matches the lid of the jar. If it protrudes in any respect, simply do some additional trimming till it’s proper.
- Lower out a bit of material which is giant sufficient to suit excessive of the round piece of cardboard with loads of extra across the edges to wrap beneath. The precise form of this piece of material is just not overly essential.
- To create our pincushion, we’re going to place some cotton on prime of the cardboard circle. As soon as the cotton is in place, set the material down on prime of that.
- Holding all of those parts collectively, rigorously flip over the material, the cotton and the cardboard circle in order that the material is now on the underside, the cardboard is on prime, and the cotton remains to be sandwiched within the center.
- Put some scorching glue on the upright-facing aspect of the cardboard circle. Fold within the edges of the material, gluing them in place. You should still have some additional cloth protruding across the edges. If that’s the case, merely add one other layer of scorching glue, and proceed folding within the edges. Attempt to get the folds of material as flat as you possibly can in preparation for the subsequent step.
- Upon getting completed folding and gluing within the edges, you’ll have accomplished the pincushion portion of the undertaking. Now, you want solely connect it to the highest of the lid of the jar. You should use scorching glue to do that as nicely.
- Whereas we now have a practical pincushion jar lid, the be part of between the lid and the pincushion isn’t all that breathtaking, is it? Even if you happen to managed to get the pincushion to take a seat comparatively flush towards the lid, it has an “unfinished” look.
- To appropriate this, we are going to wrap and glue a ribbon across the lid to cover the place the pincushion and the lid meet.
- Now, your undertaking is full! You want solely put the lid on the jar to have the finished pincushion jar prepared to make use of. In the event you give one among these as a present, make sure to put some provides inside!
Really helpful Merchandise
My favourite Etsy stitching organizers.
What To Make Subsequent After Your Pincushion Jar Is Prepared
After you end making your pincushion jar, you’ll in all probability wish to do some simple stitching initiatives. To get you began, listed here are 30 DIY summer season stitching initiatives with free patterns. And for teenagers going again to highschool, listed here are 10 easy-to-sew DIY lunch baggage and pouches. Additionally try 20 attractive DIY boho trend items you can also make for summer season.
Lastly, if you wish to make your entire stitching undertaking simpler, try these 80 genius stitching hacks and professional suggestions. These save effort and time and make life a lot simpler while you’re working in your initiatives! Examine again with us quickly for extra stitching tutorials.
Pin this undertaking: